The main research activity of the Laboratory of Mass Spectrometry – Organic Pollutants focuses in developing analytical methodologies based on Mass Spectrometry for different organic compounds, such as persistent organic pollutants (POPs), priority and emerging substances.
- Research and development of analytical methodologies based on High Resolution Mass Spectrometry (HRMS) and Mass Spectrometry in Tandem (MS/MS) for the analysis of Persistent/Emerging/Priority Organic Contaminants in environmental and food matrices.
- Transformation of organic pollutants in the water treatment processes.
- Analysis of biotoxins in water.
- Characterization of dissolved organic matter.
- Research of substances capable of giving tastes and smells in consumer beverages.