The High Resolution Spectrometry Service contains instrumental analysis by high resolution mass spectrometry and low resolution mass spectrometry coupled to gas chromatography.
Suitable for analysis of trace levels and sub-traces, mainly for the analysis of persistent organic pollutants (POPs) in environmental and food samples.
Analysis of POPs (dioxins and furans, PCBs, PBDEs, PAHs, pesticides, etc.) in environmental and food samples:
- Soil, fly ash, sludge, emissions, inmissions, water, etc.
- Meat, fish, seafood, lactic products, eggs, oil, etc.
- High resolution HRMS: High Resolution Mass Spectrometer, AutoSpec Ultima. (Waters), MS magnetic sector, tri-sector (EBE), double-focusing geometry, providing a unique combination of high sensitivity, high resolution and low background noise. The AutoSpec Premier is the optimal choice for ultra low-level trace detection Applications. MS coupled to a high resolution gas chromatograph. Software Masslynx 4.1, quantification by Isotopic Dilution Method.The AutoSpec has a dual GC interface to allow the use of two GC injectors with two GC columns installed for alternate or dual simultaneous injections.Plug-in ion sources are provided for Electron Impact (EI).
To achieve the highest sensitivity, HR/SIR acquisition is used, at 10,000 resolution (10% valley definition), an injection of 100 fg of 2,3,7,8-TCDD will give a signal-to-noise ratio at 321.8936 Da of > 125:1.
- Low Resolution LRMS: Low resolution Mass Spectrometer ISQ, (Thermo Scientific) MS single quadrupole, coupled to a high resolution gas chromatograph. Software Xcalibur 3.0.For analysis of persistent organic pollutants (POPs) also analysis of volatile and semi-volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- Triplus for líquid samples.
- Triplus HS for headspace analysis.
- Triplus SPME.
- Routine analysis of volatile organic compounds in drinking water with ISQ 7000 GC-MS
- Comparison of Single and Triple Quadrupole GC-MS Instruments for Full Scan Analysis of Semivolatile Organic Compounds
- Determination of phthalates in liquor beverages by single quadrupole GC-MS
- Extended Dynamic Range, High Precision Analysis of Polynuclear Aromatic Hydrocarbon Compounds by GC-MS
- Latest Advances in the Analysis of Volatile Organic Compounds by Single Quadrupole GC-MS