Contract for Project Manager and Fundraiser Working for the Institute for Environmental Assessment and Water Studies (IDAEA-CSIC)
28th January 2020
WE OFFER: To work for a leading multidisciplinary environmental research institute, recently awarded Center of Excellence Severo Ochoa, with the primary objective of enhancing research potential and output by attracting external funding and elaborating international project proposals.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The successful applicant will be responsible for the expansion of research activities within the institute by raising income received by the various IDAEA research groups. Specific tasks will include (1) identifying calls and helping to formulate proposals at European and Worldwide levels, targeting agencies, foundations and both the private and public sector; (2) involvement in technical and financial planning and management of research projects successfully won.
CONTRACT DURATION: Three years, with the possibility of further extension depending on the success achieved in attracting funding.
- Bachelor in Chemistry, Environmental Science, Geology, Biological Science, Pharmacy, Physics or other sciences relevant to IDAEA research work.
- Fluent in English, Spanish and Catalan is a plus – other languages are a bonus.
- Previous experience on the specific tasks of the job is needed.
- Highly organised, efficient and capable of multi-tasking.
- Dynamic, positive personality with an excellent ability to communicate and work with professionals from different scientific disciplines.
- Readiness to travel. Especial importance will be given to applicants with direct experience in scientific research and working with national and international research consortia.
- Full time position
- Date of start: March-April 2020
- Salary: 32,000 – 40,000/year