MED-SPRING project has been invited to participate in the Kick Off meeting of ERANETMED project. Please check the link: http://www.iamb.it/news,452,
The main aim of ERANETMED is to enhance Euro-Mediterranean co-ownership through innovation and competitive research in the societal challenges of the region. ERANETMED aims at reducing fragmentation of programming in the Mediterranean region by increasing coordination among national research programmes of European Member States, Associated Countries and Mediterranean Partner Countries.
Following the Conference of Barcelona on 2012, the ERANETMED responds to the need to develop new ways of “sustainable” cooperation, in which both European and MPC partners will equally participate and benefit from the output and the opportunities created by the project. ERANETMED will consider a broad area for research, addressing not only the most important societal challenges of the region but also actions to enhance innovation through applied research, capacity building, mobility and clustering. Its action will result in concrete co-operation between research programmes, such as networking, definition of strategic scientific activities, research structuring for long-lasting and stable cooperation beyond ERANET.
The main goals addressed by the project will be:
- establishing a framework for communication and coordination of programme owners and managers related to S&T cooperation from Europe and Mediterranean Partner Countries;
- strengthening Euro-Mediterranean R&I Cooperation promoting joint activities;
- developing joint funding schemes and procedures between partners;
- supporting long-term and stable Euro-Mediterranean cooperation;
- strengthen MPC capacities to enhance research and innovation and increase the impact of research on the socio-economic development of the region.
It also implies the achievement of coherence among research, policy and funding instruments to contribute to regional societal challenges, to have a real impact on the society and to establish synergies with other programmes and instruments.
If you would like to know more about the project, please visit the ERANETMED website.