The Senior Officials of the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM) member states met for the sixth time in December 2014 in Barcelona. Five new projects promoting young people’s employability, job opportunities, entrepreneurship, urban sustainable development and water management transparency were approved, in particular “Water Integrity in MENA”.
Last 20th April 2015, the Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation, Carlos Moedas, presented a speech on the "Key challenges for the water sector" at the European Parliament.
Please find the complete speech at: https://ec.europa.eu/commission/2014-2019/moedas/announcements/key-challenges-water-sector_en.
The 11th annual Erasmus Congress and Exhibition - ERACON 2015 organised by the European Association of Erasmus Coordinators (EAEC) will be held from 13th to 17th May 2015 at the Polytechnic of Porto, Portugal. The congress is addressed to Erasmus Coordinators, Placement and Internship Managers, Career Officers, Researchers and Professionals with an interest in the ERASMUS+ Programme and belong either to the academic or business world.
The Technology Park of Borj-Cédria in collaboration with the ECOTEC Cagliari (Italy) and the University of Carthage organize the 1st International Congress "Green Business and Sustainable Development" that will take place in Hammamet from 14 to 16 May 2015.
UNIMED has the pleasure to inform that in the framework of the TEMPUS PRO-GREEN project, the American University of Beirut, the Lebanese American University and the American University in Cairo have introduced for the first time an Online Joint/Dual Professional Diploma in Green Technologies in three specializations: Energy, Buildings, and Water.
Applications for Summer 2015 are now open – Apply Now! Deadline - May 13, 2015
The UFP-Labeled HOMERe (High Opportunity for Mediterranean Executives Recruitment ) project was officially launched on 17th March in Marseille, with a round table on the benefits the project will bring and a second round table on the added value that the international internships will bring to the companies and to the companies’ development in the Mediterranean region.
In the framework of the Med-Mobil (Supportive international approach to increase and improve the mobility and exchange) project, a Capitalisation Network integrated by policy makers, business associations, research centers, networks and associations, and think-tanks is being developed as a platform for information and exchange on mobility initiatives, funding opportunities and sustainability initiatives.
The eMEDia consortium will meet at the University of Tampere on April 28-29, 2015 and organise an Open Day on Wednesday 29 April from 9.00 to 13.00 to advance working on cross-media journalism education on an Euro-Mediterranean perspective. The Open Day meeting will take place at the building Pinni A, in Paavo Koli lecture hall (A2100), University of Tampere, Finland.
The eMEDia Open Day is a public event open to academies, practitioners, students, professionals and everyone interested in journalism higher education.
The Nexus plays a crucial role in the Middle East. A nexus approach - specifically, to water and energy planning – can lead to smarter, more resilient development solutions. This article gives an introduction to the present nexus debate in Arabic language.
The UN Decade of Sustainable Energy for All (SE4ALL) was launched in the Arab region on 23 March 2015, in Amman, Jordan, during a week of events organized by the UN Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (UN-ESCWA). Hosted by the Jordanian Government, the launch ceremony included speeches by Jordanian Minister of Energy and Mines Resources Ibrahim Seif and representatives of UN-ESCWA and SE4ALL, and was followed by a high-level ministerial panel.
Union for the Mediterranean - UfM
- UfM Ministerial Conference on Strengthening the Role of Women in Society
- Barcelona Women Entrepreneurship and Investment Forum – Medaweek 2017
- Medaweek 2017 Barcelona: “Strength in Diversity, Our Economic Power”
- Third annual YOCOPAS (Youth Organised Collaboration on Peace and Sustainability) Conference – Meet. Connect. Act.
- UfM Energy and Climate Business Forum: Releasing renewable energy opportunities in the Euro-Mediterranean Region
EIB latest publications
CIHEAM press reviews
European Institute of the Mediterranean - IEMED - Spain
Consulat Général de France à Jérusalem
- Colonisation à Jérusalem-Est – menace d'expulsion visant la famille Shamsaneh à Cheikh Jarrah - déclaration des chefs de mission de l'UE
- Colonisation à Jérusalem-Est – expulsions à Cheikh Jarrah – visite à la famille Shamasneh (9 août 2017)
- Cérémonie au domaine national d'Abou Gosh (6 août 2018)
- Offre d'emploi - chargé(e) de projets Banque/Secteur privé
- Colonisation à Jérusalem-Est - expulsions à Cheikh Jarrah – visite de terrain de diplomates (2 août 2017)
The European Water Platform news
EIB latest news
- Meeting No. 509 of the Board of Directors
- Annual Economics Conference “Investment and Investment Finance"
- Meeting No. 508 of the Board of Directors
- Meeting No. 507 of the Board of Directors
- The role of social financial intermediaries in deploying financial instruments under the European Social Fund in the 2014-2020 programming period
Canal Investigación MINECO - Spain
- Preanuncio de la 1ª Convocatoria conjunta de Biodiversa y Belmont Forum de Proyectos Transnacionales con participación del MINECO en el marco de la ERA-NET BiodivScen: Scenarios of biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Información sobre la convocatoria 2017 de Acciones de Programación Conjunta Internacional (APCIN 2017)
- Información sobre la convocatoria 2017 de ayudas para incentivar la incorporación estable de doctores (IED 2017)
- España se adhiere a la principal infraestructura científica europea de observación oceánica
- El Observatorio Internacional del Telescopio de 30 metros y el IAC firman un acuerdo para su instalación en La Palma
Enseignement Superieur et Recherche - Europe et international - France
- Rencontre de Frédérique Vidal avec son homologue portugais, Manuel Heitor
- Frédérique Vidal rencontre son homologue singapourien, Ong Ye Kung
- "Make Our Planet Great Again" : un site pour faciliter la mobilisation en faveur du climat
- ESOF 2018 - Festival Science in the City
- Appel à projets pour le soutien linguistique et culturel aux étudiant.e.s réfugié.e.s
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - FAO Newsroom
- Japan is a global model for healthy diets, FAO Director-General says
- FAO and World Bank step up partnership to end hunger and poverty
- Addressing migration requires investments in sustainable rural development
- The Garden Toothbrush
- FAO Food Price Index dips again in April, led by sugar and vegetable oils