PhD Position on Air Quality monitoring (RI-URBANS)
Publication Date: 25 November 2021
Deadline: 31 December 2021
The Institute of Environmental Assessment and Water Research (IDAEA-CSIC) offers a PhD position in the RI-URBANS project, coordinated by Dr. Xavier Querol, from the group EGAR, to evaluate the measurement of new metrics in Air Quality monitoring measurements with special interest in nanoparticles, and components of particulate matter (PM) including sources.
Candidates must hold a degree in Chemistry/Physics/Earth and life Sciences/Engineering, and a MSc in chemistry, environmental sciences, chemical engineering, or equivalent.
Professional experience is not required.
- Specialization towards environmental chemistry and atmospheric sciences, previous experience of field work in atmospheric sciences and data analysis, ability to work with long datasets and programming capacities are valuable merits.
- Personal characteristics such as interpersonal skills, analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team are required.
- Advanced spoken and written English is required.
- Contract duration: 3 – 4 yrs
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Target start date: January 2022
Those interested may email their CV and motivation letter to Andrés Alastuey at email@example.com, adding PhD RI URBANS to the email subject
Deadline: 31st December 2021