The Institute of Environmental Assessment and Water Research (IDAEA-CSIC) kicked off its Gender Equality Committee in 2019. It aims to promote awareness and actions to ensure equal ease of access to resources and opportunities, valuing different behaviors, aspirations and needs, regardless of gender. The Committee works to prevent inequalities and discrimination that may generate situations of inferiority for reasons of gender or sexual orientation.
- Ensure communication and implementation of equality policies. Support and follow up.
- Report the institutional activities and decisions on gender equality policies.
- Collect, give visibility and convey the proposals put formulated by the IDAEA staff.
- Carry out a continuous critical analysis in terms of gender in all areas of the Institute to identify possible inequalities.
- Promote awareness-raising activities and protocols for the IDAEA staff.
- Take action on what is diagnosed in order to progress towards a 100% inclusive and egalitarian Institute model.
- Provide support to the victims in the case of equality violations, and make, if appropriate, the relevant claims.
- Encourage the Director to put forward new measures aimed at promoting equality to the CSIC governing bodies.
Gender Equality Committee:
- Andrés Alastuey Urós
- Carlos Barata Martí
- Cristina Carnerero Quintero
- Diana Blanco Zarcero
- Francesc Gallart Gallego
- Mar Viana Rodríguez
- Pilar Fernández Ramón
- Sílvia Lacorte Bruguera
- Teresa Moreno Pérez
|II Plan de Igualdad de la Agencia Estatal del CSIC
This Gender Equality Plan was developed in 2015 and re-evaluated in 2017 and 2018
|Informe Mujeres Investigadoras IDAEA 2019 (December 2020)
This report shows the gender distribution at IDAEA in 2019, focusing on female researchers at different levels of the academic research, position and scientific production.
|Survey on Equality during the COVID19 (July 2020)
The Gender Equality Committee from IDAEA launched a survey to know how scientific production was affected by the lockdown, from a gender perspective. The results were analysed in this report, also addressing the opinion of IDAEA employees about teleworking.
|Gender Equality Committees in CSIC Centres
Links to other Committees devoted to tackle the gender bias issue in other CSIC research institutes.
Official documents from national and internartional organizations on the gender equality topic.