The 5th INCO conference is scheduled to take place on June 2-3, 2014 in Athens, Greece. The venue of conference is the Divani Palace Acropolis which is located below the Acropolis, very close to the old quarter of Plaka, the brand new archaeological Museum of Acropolis and the well known Herodion theatre.
Greece took on the EU Presidency on 1 January 2014 for the next six months.
For research and innovation, the main priorities of the Presidency are to ensure the smooth start and implementation of Horizon 2020 and the rapid completion of the legislative procedure for the Joint Technology Initiatives (JTIs) and Article 185 initiatives - also referred to as the Innovation Investment Package. The Presidency is therefore urging the European Parliament to ensure that the process can be completed before the next European elections in May 2014.
WBC-INCO.NET is organising a large final event entitled "Towards 2020: New Horizons for RTD and Innovation in the Western Balkan Region” - WBC-INCO.NET Final Conference and Brokerage Event" from 27th to 28th March 2014, at the Tech Gate in Vienna.
This event will provide an environment to build new partnerships and link todays' research and innovation with visions for the future. It will moreover aim to the dissemination of high quality and targeted information on research achievements in and from the Western Balkan countries.
Significant amounts of water are needed in almost all energy generation processes, from generating hydropower, to cooling and other purposes in thermal power plants, to extracting and processing fuels. Conversely, the water sector needs energy to extract, treat and transport water. Both energy and water are used in the production of crops, including those used to generate energy through biofuels.
The Global Water Forum is pleased to announce the launch of the 2014 Emerging Scholars Award. In 2014 the Award will be linked to a workshop at the University of Oxford: ‘Water, Food and Energy: Understanding and Managing the Risks and Trade-offs’ that will take place in June 2014.
The "Nexus 2014: Water, Food, Climate and Energy Conference" has been moved to Wednesday, March 5th through Saturday, March 8th due to the scheduling of a just announced meeting of the UN Sustainable Development Goals Open Working Group. This date change allows for participants to engage in immediate discussions of the most recent UN deliberations at the Conference and it presents an opportunity to extend the early bird registration deadline to January 31.
Water, sanitation and sustainable energy are at the core of sustainable development and the overarching goal of poverty eradication, and are closely linked to the achievement of internationally agreed development goals, including the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
Water and energy are also intimately linked in sustainable consumption and production patterns, and this relationship aggravates resource scarcity and conservation.
Les universités Aboubekr Belkaid de Tlemcen et Mentouri de Constantine viennent de bénéficier dans le cadre du 6eme appel à propositions du programme Européen Tempus IV d’un projet régional intitulé "Moderniser la formation sur les Energies Renouvelables (ER) au Maghreb : Transfert de l’expérience UE" d’une durée de trois années.
An Experienced Water Postdoc Fellowship COFUND Programme (EWPFP COFUND) was launched by UNESCO-IHE. The programme is co-financed by the European Union's Marie Curie Programme and offers 16 fellowships that will cover a research period of 24 months. The first call for applications will open on 1 March 2014, pending EC final approval of the contract.
LinkSCEEM aims at the establishment of a high performance computing (HPC) eco-system in the Eastern Mediterranean region by integrating and coordinating regional computational resources. The Cy-Tera facility is the first multi-Tflop/s HPC facility in Cyprus, serving the needs of the regional scientific community by supporting applications in many fields of great scientific and/or societal importance. LinkSCEEM and Cy-Tera invite scientists from the Eastern Mediterranean region to their fifth joint call for production access to HPC resources.
Union for the Mediterranean - UfM
- UfM Ministerial Conference on Strengthening the Role of Women in Society
- Barcelona Women Entrepreneurship and Investment Forum – Medaweek 2017
- Medaweek 2017 Barcelona: “Strength in Diversity, Our Economic Power”
- Third annual YOCOPAS (Youth Organised Collaboration on Peace and Sustainability) Conference – Meet. Connect. Act.
- UfM Energy and Climate Business Forum: Releasing renewable energy opportunities in the Euro-Mediterranean Region
EIB latest publications
CIHEAM press reviews
European Institute of the Mediterranean - IEMED - Spain
Consulat Général de France à Jérusalem
- Colonisation à Jérusalem-Est – menace d'expulsion visant la famille Shamsaneh à Cheikh Jarrah - déclaration des chefs de mission de l'UE
- Colonisation à Jérusalem-Est – expulsions à Cheikh Jarrah – visite à la famille Shamasneh (9 août 2017)
- Cérémonie au domaine national d'Abou Gosh (6 août 2018)
- Offre d'emploi - chargé(e) de projets Banque/Secteur privé
- Colonisation à Jérusalem-Est - expulsions à Cheikh Jarrah – visite de terrain de diplomates (2 août 2017)
The European Water Platform news
EIB latest news
- Meeting No. 509 of the Board of Directors
- Annual Economics Conference “Investment and Investment Finance"
- Meeting No. 508 of the Board of Directors
- Meeting No. 507 of the Board of Directors
- The role of social financial intermediaries in deploying financial instruments under the European Social Fund in the 2014-2020 programming period
Canal Investigación MINECO - Spain
- Preanuncio de la 1ª Convocatoria conjunta de Biodiversa y Belmont Forum de Proyectos Transnacionales con participación del MINECO en el marco de la ERA-NET BiodivScen: Scenarios of biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Información sobre la convocatoria 2017 de Acciones de Programación Conjunta Internacional (APCIN 2017)
- Información sobre la convocatoria 2017 de ayudas para incentivar la incorporación estable de doctores (IED 2017)
- España se adhiere a la principal infraestructura científica europea de observación oceánica
- El Observatorio Internacional del Telescopio de 30 metros y el IAC firman un acuerdo para su instalación en La Palma
Enseignement Superieur et Recherche - Europe et international - France
- Rencontre de Frédérique Vidal avec son homologue portugais, Manuel Heitor
- Frédérique Vidal rencontre son homologue singapourien, Ong Ye Kung
- "Make Our Planet Great Again" : un site pour faciliter la mobilisation en faveur du climat
- ESOF 2018 - Festival Science in the City
- Appel à projets pour le soutien linguistique et culturel aux étudiant.e.s réfugié.e.s
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - FAO Newsroom
- Japan is a global model for healthy diets, FAO Director-General says
- FAO and World Bank step up partnership to end hunger and poverty
- Addressing migration requires investments in sustainable rural development
- The Garden Toothbrush
- FAO Food Price Index dips again in April, led by sugar and vegetable oils