OK-Net Arable promotes exchange of knowledge among farmers, farm advisers and scientists with the aim to increase productivity and quality in organic arable cropping all over Europe. OK-Net Arable is coordinated by IFOAM EU and involves 17 partners from 13 countries all over Europe. The project is financed by Horizon 2020, the EU’s main funding instrument for research and innovation.
Italian CNR offers a Public Call for the granting of 30 Training Scholarships for Graduates and graduated Administrators (graduated professionals and officials) from extra-EU countries, having citizenship and permanent residence in one of the following countries: Tunisia, Egypt, Lebanon, Serbia, Montenegro and Albania. The training will have to be carried out at selected Institutes of the National Research Council based in Italy, and financed by the Multi-Disciplinary Training Programme "Sciences for DIPLOMAzia2".
The Stockholm World Water Week 2016 was held from 28 August to 2 September under the overarching theme of ‘Water for Sustainable Growth’. Among the Week’s more than 140 events covering a range of subjects, the “MENA Focus” took place on 30 and 31 August consisting of 4 targeted 90-minute sessions ensuring that the region’s priorities are duly reflected in the programme, aligned with the Week’s annual theme.
OECD Headquarters organizes the conference "The Knowledge Triangle: Enhancing the contributions of Higher Education and Research Institutions to Innovation" from 15 to 16 September 2016. The High Level Event on the Knowledge Triangle offers an opportunity for senior government officials and a wide range of stakeholders to meet and share experiences on how to better leverage and integrate the various missions of higher education and public research institutions.
The "Financing & Implementing Energy Projects in Africa 2016" is an international conference which will be hosted in Berlin, Germany, from 25th to 26th August 2016. This event will bring together global, African, European and national partners, high level government officials, business executives and NGO representatives to exchange on financing and carrying out energy investments and projects in Africa. It will offer the participants the possibility to:
Latest IRP report lists 12 ways to use natural resources more efficiently, improve human health and reduce the environmental damage caused by food systems. A major overhaul of the global food system is urgently needed if the world is to combat hunger, use natural resources more efficiently and stem environmental damage, the International Resource Panel (IRP) says.
The 2015 GWP Annual Report has been published. The Global Water Partnership (GWP) is an international network that was created in 1996 to foster the implementation of integrated water resources management: the coordinated development and management of water, land, and related resources in order to maximise economic and social welfare without compromising the sustainability of ecosystems and the environment.
The Centre for Climate Change and Sustainability Studies at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai is hosting the 7th Annual International Conference on Climate Change on 29 and 30th July 2016 in Mumbai. The Centre has successfully hosted this event every year starting from 2009. The annual conference provides a platform for national and international researchers, scholars, practitioners, policy makers and students to discuss contemporary challenges in climate policy and related areas. Venue: Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai – 400088, India.
The series of LCSS -Life Cycle Summer Schools - is dedicated to exploring the applicability of life cycle approaches to sustainable regional development. It seeks to integrate the usual focus of life cycle assessment and life cycle management on products from corporations into the framework of regional socio-economic development challenges and decision-making.
Union for the Mediterranean - UfM
- UfM Ministerial Conference on Strengthening the Role of Women in Society
- Barcelona Women Entrepreneurship and Investment Forum – Medaweek 2017
- Medaweek 2017 Barcelona: “Strength in Diversity, Our Economic Power”
- Third annual YOCOPAS (Youth Organised Collaboration on Peace and Sustainability) Conference – Meet. Connect. Act.
- UfM Energy and Climate Business Forum: Releasing renewable energy opportunities in the Euro-Mediterranean Region
EIB latest publications
CIHEAM press reviews
European Institute of the Mediterranean - IEMED - Spain
Consulat Général de France à Jérusalem
- Colonisation à Jérusalem-Est – menace d'expulsion visant la famille Shamsaneh à Cheikh Jarrah - déclaration des chefs de mission de l'UE
- Colonisation à Jérusalem-Est – expulsions à Cheikh Jarrah – visite à la famille Shamasneh (9 août 2017)
- Cérémonie au domaine national d'Abou Gosh (6 août 2018)
- Offre d'emploi - chargé(e) de projets Banque/Secteur privé
- Colonisation à Jérusalem-Est - expulsions à Cheikh Jarrah – visite de terrain de diplomates (2 août 2017)
The European Water Platform news
EIB latest news
- Meeting No. 509 of the Board of Directors
- Annual Economics Conference “Investment and Investment Finance"
- Meeting No. 508 of the Board of Directors
- Meeting No. 507 of the Board of Directors
- The role of social financial intermediaries in deploying financial instruments under the European Social Fund in the 2014-2020 programming period
Canal Investigación MINECO - Spain
- Preanuncio de la 1ª Convocatoria conjunta de Biodiversa y Belmont Forum de Proyectos Transnacionales con participación del MINECO en el marco de la ERA-NET BiodivScen: Scenarios of biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Información sobre la convocatoria 2017 de Acciones de Programación Conjunta Internacional (APCIN 2017)
- Información sobre la convocatoria 2017 de ayudas para incentivar la incorporación estable de doctores (IED 2017)
- España se adhiere a la principal infraestructura científica europea de observación oceánica
- El Observatorio Internacional del Telescopio de 30 metros y el IAC firman un acuerdo para su instalación en La Palma
Enseignement Superieur et Recherche - Europe et international - France
- Rencontre de Frédérique Vidal avec son homologue portugais, Manuel Heitor
- Frédérique Vidal rencontre son homologue singapourien, Ong Ye Kung
- "Make Our Planet Great Again" : un site pour faciliter la mobilisation en faveur du climat
- ESOF 2018 - Festival Science in the City
- Appel à projets pour le soutien linguistique et culturel aux étudiant.e.s réfugié.e.s
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - FAO Newsroom
- Japan is a global model for healthy diets, FAO Director-General says
- FAO and World Bank step up partnership to end hunger and poverty
- Addressing migration requires investments in sustainable rural development
- The Garden Toothbrush
- FAO Food Price Index dips again in April, led by sugar and vegetable oils