Four new regional projects are labeled by the UfM. The development of a wind farm in Jordan, the creation of a Mediterranean water knowledge platform, a capacity building programme aimed at promoting civic education in schools and a programme aimed at stimulating green industries and entrepreneurship are the four new projects recently labelled by the UfM.
A Union for the Mediterranean Ministerial Meeting on Environment and Climate Change took place in Athens with the aim to discuss the environmental and climate-related challenges facing the region and to define the future strategic directions to reduce pollution and increase resource efficiency.
Under the coordination of UNIMED and the French Embassy in Italy (Institut Français Italia), a roundtable on the "Neighbourhood Policy and the Mediterranean Youth. The key role of Training and Mobility" will be organized from 30th September to 1st October 2014 in Rome. Further information about this event will be published soon.
The European Commision organizes in Brussels next 5th June 2014 the Conference "Research Meets Diplomacy: Europe as a Global Actor", which aims at taking stock of the rich research conducted on the European Union as a global actor under FP7 and at moving the debate into the future. It continues a long-standing tradition of fruitful exchanges between researchers from the EU financed collaborative SSH projects and EU policy-makers.
The "Week of Innovative Regions in Europe 2014" (WIRE V) will take place this year in Athens from 12th to 13th June 2014 under the auspices of the Greek EU Presidency. The Conference (www.wire2014.eu) is organised by the National Documentation Centre of Greece (EKT) and the European Commission, in collaboration with the General Secretariat for Research & Technology.
The overall objective of the RInES Conference (Thessaloniki, Greece, from 29th May 2014 to 30th May 2014) is to highlight the important role of the International Cooperation / INCO for the EU by reinforcing the collaboration with the European Neighbourhood / ENP and Black Sea region countries within the framework of the research and innovation, exploiting its potential as an integral part of a comprehensive package of external action.
INCONTACT 2020, is organizing the “5th INCO Conference - Addressing Future Challenges”, from 2nd to 4th June 2014 in Athens, Greece. The Conference is organized under the auspices of DG Research of the European Commission and the Greek General Secretariat for Research and Technology. This year’s event is dedicated to the role of integrated research in addressing global challenges.
The EU promotes R&I through its seventh Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development (FP7). FP7 launched its last round of calls in 2013, and now the EU is preparing for the launch of its successor, Horizon 2020, the largest collaborative transnational research programme in the world with an expected overall budget of €79 billion from 2014 to 2020. Horizon 2020 offers many opportunities for addressing EuroMed Common Challenges through R&I international cooperation.
The MoCo (Euro-Mediterranean Monitoring Committee on Research and Innovation) was organised on 18th December 2013 in Brussels, Belgium. MEDSPRING contributes to the event providing secratariat support for preparation of the minutes and conclusions.
Achieving water, energy and food security for everyone within the planetary boundaries is one of the greatest challenges humankind is facing today.
The International Conference on Sustainability in the Water-Energy-Food Nexus, meeting in Bonn, Germany on May 19th and 20th 2014, recognizes that water, energy and food are increasingly interrelated. Considering water, energy and food together in a “nexus” framework is both necessary and forward looking.
Union for the Mediterranean - UfM
- UfM Ministerial Conference on Strengthening the Role of Women in Society
- Barcelona Women Entrepreneurship and Investment Forum – Medaweek 2017
- Medaweek 2017 Barcelona: “Strength in Diversity, Our Economic Power”
- Third annual YOCOPAS (Youth Organised Collaboration on Peace and Sustainability) Conference – Meet. Connect. Act.
- UfM Energy and Climate Business Forum: Releasing renewable energy opportunities in the Euro-Mediterranean Region
EIB latest publications
CIHEAM press reviews
European Institute of the Mediterranean - IEMED - Spain
Consulat Général de France à Jérusalem
- Colonisation à Jérusalem-Est – menace d'expulsion visant la famille Shamsaneh à Cheikh Jarrah - déclaration des chefs de mission de l'UE
- Colonisation à Jérusalem-Est – expulsions à Cheikh Jarrah – visite à la famille Shamasneh (9 août 2017)
- Cérémonie au domaine national d'Abou Gosh (6 août 2018)
- Offre d'emploi - chargé(e) de projets Banque/Secteur privé
- Colonisation à Jérusalem-Est - expulsions à Cheikh Jarrah – visite de terrain de diplomates (2 août 2017)
The European Water Platform news
EIB latest news
- Meeting No. 509 of the Board of Directors
- Annual Economics Conference “Investment and Investment Finance"
- Meeting No. 508 of the Board of Directors
- Meeting No. 507 of the Board of Directors
- The role of social financial intermediaries in deploying financial instruments under the European Social Fund in the 2014-2020 programming period
Canal Investigación MINECO - Spain
- Preanuncio de la 1ª Convocatoria conjunta de Biodiversa y Belmont Forum de Proyectos Transnacionales con participación del MINECO en el marco de la ERA-NET BiodivScen: Scenarios of biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Información sobre la convocatoria 2017 de Acciones de Programación Conjunta Internacional (APCIN 2017)
- Información sobre la convocatoria 2017 de ayudas para incentivar la incorporación estable de doctores (IED 2017)
- España se adhiere a la principal infraestructura científica europea de observación oceánica
- El Observatorio Internacional del Telescopio de 30 metros y el IAC firman un acuerdo para su instalación en La Palma
Enseignement Superieur et Recherche - Europe et international - France
- Rencontre de Frédérique Vidal avec son homologue portugais, Manuel Heitor
- Frédérique Vidal rencontre son homologue singapourien, Ong Ye Kung
- "Make Our Planet Great Again" : un site pour faciliter la mobilisation en faveur du climat
- ESOF 2018 - Festival Science in the City
- Appel à projets pour le soutien linguistique et culturel aux étudiant.e.s réfugié.e.s
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - FAO Newsroom
- Japan is a global model for healthy diets, FAO Director-General says
- FAO and World Bank step up partnership to end hunger and poverty
- Addressing migration requires investments in sustainable rural development
- The Garden Toothbrush
- FAO Food Price Index dips again in April, led by sugar and vegetable oils