UN organized the "Water Annual International Zaragoza Conference" from 13th to 16th January 2014. One of the focuses was the Partnerships improving Water and Energy efficiency, security and sustainability. The Conference analyzed the commonalities and differences of both sectors and the advantages and disadvantages of partnerships. It looked into setting up, composition, financing, incentives, synergies, skills, cost effectiveness and support for and from partnerships.
World Water Week 2014 is organised by the Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) from August 31 to September 5, and takes place in Stockholm, Sweden. It has been the annual focal point for the globe’s water issues since 1991. It is a platform for over 200 collaborating organisations to convene events about water and development issues. Individuals from around the globe also present their findings at the scientific workshops. This report has been prepared as input to the 2014 World Water Week and its special focus on Energy and Water.
ISO 14046:2014 specifies principles, requirements and guidelines related to water footprint assessment of products, processes and organizations based on life cycle assessment (LCA). It provides principles, requirements and guidelines for conducting and reporting a water footprint assessment as a stand-alone assessment, or as part of a more comprehensive environmental assessment. Only air and soil emissions that impact water quality are included in the assessment, and not all air and soil emissions are included.
CIHEAM has decided to dedicate its Watch Letter 32 on “Innovative Food Security Indicators in the Mediterranean region”. This issue will be published in April 2015. We would like to invite all the experts interested by the publication to submit proposals by October 30 (no more than 4-5 lines) in order to present the topic, the authors involved and theirs positions. Please find the Call that contains guidelines and technical details about the publication.
The 1st Regional Conference of the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM) labelled project Governance & Financing for the Mediterranean Water Sector will be held on 28-30 October 2014, in Athens, Greece, in close collaboration with the European Union funded Sustainable Water Integrated Management (SWIM) - Support Mechanism programme.
Despite outstanding performance in the past, the Tunisian water sector is facing difficult times and increasing financial difficulties. This OECD report argues that the current situation of post-evolutionary reconstruction offers a unique opportunity to reflect on the governance framework and the potential role of private sector participation (PSP) in the development of the water sector.
At a time when the government of Jordan is considering involving the private sector in a number of large water projects, the report argues that framework conditions are needed to fully reap the benefits. Conditions for success relate to the regulatory framework, administrative capacity, financial sustainability, strategic planning of projects and stakeholder engagement.
Labelled in July 2012 by the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM), the project on Overcoming Governance Challenges to Financing the Mediterranean Water Sector is a joint undertaking of the Global Water Partnership - Mediterranean (GWP-Med) and the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
The Fifth International Forum on Energy for Sustainable Development will be held in Hammamet, Tunisia, from the 4th to the 6th November 2014. The Forum is organized by the Government of Tunisia, the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE), the Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC), and the Economic Commission for Africa (ECA).
The United Nations Country Team (UNCT) in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt), at its annual retreat in November 2011, discussed critical development and humanitarian challenges facing Palestinians in the oPt. As part of its programme of work, the UN initiated a study to see what the Gaza Strip might look like by the year 2020 as a place in which to live.
Union for the Mediterranean - UfM
- UfM Ministerial Conference on Strengthening the Role of Women in Society
- Barcelona Women Entrepreneurship and Investment Forum – Medaweek 2017
- Medaweek 2017 Barcelona: “Strength in Diversity, Our Economic Power”
- Third annual YOCOPAS (Youth Organised Collaboration on Peace and Sustainability) Conference – Meet. Connect. Act.
- UfM Energy and Climate Business Forum: Releasing renewable energy opportunities in the Euro-Mediterranean Region
EIB latest publications
CIHEAM press reviews
European Institute of the Mediterranean - IEMED - Spain
Consulat Général de France à Jérusalem
- Colonisation à Jérusalem-Est – menace d'expulsion visant la famille Shamsaneh à Cheikh Jarrah - déclaration des chefs de mission de l'UE
- Colonisation à Jérusalem-Est – expulsions à Cheikh Jarrah – visite à la famille Shamasneh (9 août 2017)
- Cérémonie au domaine national d'Abou Gosh (6 août 2018)
- Offre d'emploi - chargé(e) de projets Banque/Secteur privé
- Colonisation à Jérusalem-Est - expulsions à Cheikh Jarrah – visite de terrain de diplomates (2 août 2017)
The European Water Platform news
EIB latest news
- Meeting No. 509 of the Board of Directors
- Annual Economics Conference “Investment and Investment Finance"
- Meeting No. 508 of the Board of Directors
- Meeting No. 507 of the Board of Directors
- The role of social financial intermediaries in deploying financial instruments under the European Social Fund in the 2014-2020 programming period
Canal Investigación MINECO - Spain
- Preanuncio de la 1ª Convocatoria conjunta de Biodiversa y Belmont Forum de Proyectos Transnacionales con participación del MINECO en el marco de la ERA-NET BiodivScen: Scenarios of biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Información sobre la convocatoria 2017 de Acciones de Programación Conjunta Internacional (APCIN 2017)
- Información sobre la convocatoria 2017 de ayudas para incentivar la incorporación estable de doctores (IED 2017)
- España se adhiere a la principal infraestructura científica europea de observación oceánica
- El Observatorio Internacional del Telescopio de 30 metros y el IAC firman un acuerdo para su instalación en La Palma
Enseignement Superieur et Recherche - Europe et international - France
- Rencontre de Frédérique Vidal avec son homologue portugais, Manuel Heitor
- Frédérique Vidal rencontre son homologue singapourien, Ong Ye Kung
- "Make Our Planet Great Again" : un site pour faciliter la mobilisation en faveur du climat
- ESOF 2018 - Festival Science in the City
- Appel à projets pour le soutien linguistique et culturel aux étudiant.e.s réfugié.e.s
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - FAO Newsroom
- Japan is a global model for healthy diets, FAO Director-General says
- FAO and World Bank step up partnership to end hunger and poverty
- Addressing migration requires investments in sustainable rural development
- The Garden Toothbrush
- FAO Food Price Index dips again in April, led by sugar and vegetable oils