The "International Conference on Research and Innovation for Sustainable Soil Management - ICRISM 2014" will be held from 27th to 29th November 2014 in Hurghada, at the Red Sea coast, Egypt. Different Egyptian universities and research institutes, in addition to SUDSOE partners contributions will be presented in several oral sessions and poster ones. Industrial sector, in the field of soil amendments and fertilizers, will participate in the conference activities.
The World Future Council has published a report on How to achieve 100% renewable energy. A transition is underway around the world: Away from an energy system powered by increasingly expensive and unsustainable fossil fuel resources toward one powered fully by abundant, local, and affordable renewable energy sources. In the years ahead, this transition is poised to improve the quality of life for millions, reduce harmful greenhouse gas emissions, and help forge a world that is more just toward both current and future generations.
The International Center for Climate Governance (ICCG) announces the birth of its Climate Policy Observer website, a new tool for understanding and investigating current international events on climate change in their political, economic and social implications.
The UN Committee on World Food Security (CFS) in its 40th Session (October 2013) requested the High Level Panel of Experts for Food Security and Nutrition (HLPE), to prepare for its 42nd session in 2015 a report on water and food security. As part of its report elaboration process, the HLPE is now launching an e-consultation to seek inputs, suggestions, comments on a V0 Draft of the report. The V0 Draft is can be downloaded from the HLPE website: http://www.fao.org/cfs/cfs-hlpe/en/.
UN Agencies Unite to Strengthen Support for Sustainable Ecosystems and to Implement New Sustainable Food Systems Programme. Today the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) that is set to ensure better support for the functioning of critical ecosystem services that underlie food security.
The Fifth International Forum on Energy for Sustainable Development will be held in Hammamet, Tunisia, on 4-6 November 2014. The Forum is organized by the Government of Tunisia, the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE), the Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC), and the Economic Commission for Africa (ECA).
The final conference of IWRM-net SCP will be held in Brussels on the 21st and 22nd of October 2014. The conference will bring all the research teams together to showcase their results to improve integrated water resources management in Europe. Moreover, this event will allow opportunity for exchange between scientists, policy-makers and water managers, and to discuss about the 2 following thematics:
With increased income levels in many countries, a growing world population, and intensified competition for our finite water resources, it has become ever more urgent to understand the links between energy and water so that we can fully develop synergies, strengthen much needed partnerships, and develop smarter solutions for using water more efficiently in the future.
The Mediterranean water community has initiated an efficient synergy in view to consolidate the cooperation and exchange of knowhow and experience in the field of water by organizing the 1st Mediterranean Water Forum in Marrakesh (Morocco) in December 2011.
Under the Italian Presidency of the Council of the European Union and with the kind support of the European Commission, the National Research Council of Italy organizes the conference ‘EuroMED Cooperation. Inland and Marine Water Challenges’, aimed at enhancing the international cooperation on research and innovation.
Union for the Mediterranean - UfM
- UfM Ministerial Conference on Strengthening the Role of Women in Society
- Barcelona Women Entrepreneurship and Investment Forum – Medaweek 2017
- Medaweek 2017 Barcelona: “Strength in Diversity, Our Economic Power”
- Third annual YOCOPAS (Youth Organised Collaboration on Peace and Sustainability) Conference – Meet. Connect. Act.
- UfM Energy and Climate Business Forum: Releasing renewable energy opportunities in the Euro-Mediterranean Region
EIB latest publications
CIHEAM press reviews
European Institute of the Mediterranean - IEMED - Spain
Consulat Général de France à Jérusalem
- Colonisation à Jérusalem-Est – menace d'expulsion visant la famille Shamsaneh à Cheikh Jarrah - déclaration des chefs de mission de l'UE
- Colonisation à Jérusalem-Est – expulsions à Cheikh Jarrah – visite à la famille Shamasneh (9 août 2017)
- Cérémonie au domaine national d'Abou Gosh (6 août 2018)
- Offre d'emploi - chargé(e) de projets Banque/Secteur privé
- Colonisation à Jérusalem-Est - expulsions à Cheikh Jarrah – visite de terrain de diplomates (2 août 2017)
The European Water Platform news
EIB latest news
- Meeting No. 509 of the Board of Directors
- Annual Economics Conference “Investment and Investment Finance"
- Meeting No. 508 of the Board of Directors
- Meeting No. 507 of the Board of Directors
- The role of social financial intermediaries in deploying financial instruments under the European Social Fund in the 2014-2020 programming period
Canal Investigación MINECO - Spain
- Preanuncio de la 1ª Convocatoria conjunta de Biodiversa y Belmont Forum de Proyectos Transnacionales con participación del MINECO en el marco de la ERA-NET BiodivScen: Scenarios of biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Información sobre la convocatoria 2017 de Acciones de Programación Conjunta Internacional (APCIN 2017)
- Información sobre la convocatoria 2017 de ayudas para incentivar la incorporación estable de doctores (IED 2017)
- España se adhiere a la principal infraestructura científica europea de observación oceánica
- El Observatorio Internacional del Telescopio de 30 metros y el IAC firman un acuerdo para su instalación en La Palma
Enseignement Superieur et Recherche - Europe et international - France
- Rencontre de Frédérique Vidal avec son homologue portugais, Manuel Heitor
- Frédérique Vidal rencontre son homologue singapourien, Ong Ye Kung
- "Make Our Planet Great Again" : un site pour faciliter la mobilisation en faveur du climat
- ESOF 2018 - Festival Science in the City
- Appel à projets pour le soutien linguistique et culturel aux étudiant.e.s réfugié.e.s
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - FAO Newsroom
- Japan is a global model for healthy diets, FAO Director-General says
- FAO and World Bank step up partnership to end hunger and poverty
- Addressing migration requires investments in sustainable rural development
- The Garden Toothbrush
- FAO Food Price Index dips again in April, led by sugar and vegetable oils