The Third Arab Water Forum closed with a reminder to all participants that “regional realities” and innovative solutions must be part of the regional input to addressing global water challenges, in a call by Benedito Braga, President of the World Water Council, at the forum in Cairo, Egypt.
The Vienna Energy Forum 2015 (VEF 2015) will take place in Hofburg Palace in Vienna, Austria from 18 to 20 June 2015, and only a few months before the Sustainable Development Goals Summit in New York and the UNFCCC Conference of the Parties (COP 21) in Paris.
UNESCO International Hydrological Programme (IHP) and the Australian National University (ANU)-UNESCO Chair in Water Economics and Transboundary Water Governance are organizing the official launch of the Food, Energy, Environment and Water (FE²W) Network on 26 November 2014, 15h, at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris. About one-third of the world's population lives in countries that are experiencing water stress.
The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) is pleased to announce the opening of the third funding cycle of the IRENA/ADFD Project Facility. The deadline for applications is 18 February 2015 (17:00 Gulf Standard Time). Applicants need to register and apply online. The Project Facility is now offering lower loan rates for all cycles. The IRENA/ADFD Project Facility is seeking renewable energy projects in developing countries that are innovative and have the potential to be models for replication and scale up.
The Third Arab Water Week 2015: "Innovations & Sustainable Solutions for the Water Sector in the Arab Region" is being organized from 11th to 15th January 2015 under the Patronage of the Minister of Water & Irrigation H.E. Dr. Hazem El Naser in King Hussein Bin Talal Convention Center (KHBTCC) by Hilton, Dead Sea.
The OECD Global Forum on Environment on the topic of “New Perspectives on the Water-Energy-Food Nexus” will be held on 27-28 November 2014 at the OECD headquarters in Paris. This Forum will provide a platform for senior policy experts, private sector leaders and government officials from OECD and Partner Countries to explore how countries can align policy goals to address water, energy and food reforms in a more coherent way. The Forum will be held over two days and will discuss four areas that can contribute to more integrated policy making in this domain:
Regional Workshop for the Near East and North Africa (NENA) countries under the UN-Water Initiative on “Capacity Development to Support National Drought Management Policies” to be held in Cairo, Egypt, from 17th to 20th November 2014.
WssTP is pleased to announce its annual Brokerage and WssTP Working Groups event that will take place on 26-27 November in Brussels. The main objective of the Brokerage event is to facilitate networking between our members for collaborative projects, as well as to foster the creation of consortia for the upcoming Horizon 2020 calls and other EU funding opportunities.
The water-energy-food security nexus is now receiving consensus and attention of both political and technical experts. Indeed, the World Water Day 2014 was mainly on this topic. Nowadays most of the international organization and agencies are making major efforts to increase the know-how and to assist the developing countries. The CIHEAM - IAM of Bari is leading and addressing this important issue to be developed in most Mediterranean countries and Balkans area.
Union for the Mediterranean - UfM
- UfM Ministerial Conference on Strengthening the Role of Women in Society
- Barcelona Women Entrepreneurship and Investment Forum – Medaweek 2017
- Medaweek 2017 Barcelona: “Strength in Diversity, Our Economic Power”
- Third annual YOCOPAS (Youth Organised Collaboration on Peace and Sustainability) Conference – Meet. Connect. Act.
- UfM Energy and Climate Business Forum: Releasing renewable energy opportunities in the Euro-Mediterranean Region
EIB latest publications
CIHEAM press reviews
European Institute of the Mediterranean - IEMED - Spain
Consulat Général de France à Jérusalem
- Colonisation à Jérusalem-Est – menace d'expulsion visant la famille Shamsaneh à Cheikh Jarrah - déclaration des chefs de mission de l'UE
- Colonisation à Jérusalem-Est – expulsions à Cheikh Jarrah – visite à la famille Shamasneh (9 août 2017)
- Cérémonie au domaine national d'Abou Gosh (6 août 2018)
- Offre d'emploi - chargé(e) de projets Banque/Secteur privé
- Colonisation à Jérusalem-Est - expulsions à Cheikh Jarrah – visite de terrain de diplomates (2 août 2017)
The European Water Platform news
EIB latest news
- Meeting No. 509 of the Board of Directors
- Annual Economics Conference “Investment and Investment Finance"
- Meeting No. 508 of the Board of Directors
- Meeting No. 507 of the Board of Directors
- The role of social financial intermediaries in deploying financial instruments under the European Social Fund in the 2014-2020 programming period
Canal Investigación MINECO - Spain
- Preanuncio de la 1ª Convocatoria conjunta de Biodiversa y Belmont Forum de Proyectos Transnacionales con participación del MINECO en el marco de la ERA-NET BiodivScen: Scenarios of biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Información sobre la convocatoria 2017 de Acciones de Programación Conjunta Internacional (APCIN 2017)
- Información sobre la convocatoria 2017 de ayudas para incentivar la incorporación estable de doctores (IED 2017)
- España se adhiere a la principal infraestructura científica europea de observación oceánica
- El Observatorio Internacional del Telescopio de 30 metros y el IAC firman un acuerdo para su instalación en La Palma
Enseignement Superieur et Recherche - Europe et international - France
- Rencontre de Frédérique Vidal avec son homologue portugais, Manuel Heitor
- Frédérique Vidal rencontre son homologue singapourien, Ong Ye Kung
- "Make Our Planet Great Again" : un site pour faciliter la mobilisation en faveur du climat
- ESOF 2018 - Festival Science in the City
- Appel à projets pour le soutien linguistique et culturel aux étudiant.e.s réfugié.e.s
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - FAO Newsroom
- Japan is a global model for healthy diets, FAO Director-General says
- FAO and World Bank step up partnership to end hunger and poverty
- Addressing migration requires investments in sustainable rural development
- The Garden Toothbrush
- FAO Food Price Index dips again in April, led by sugar and vegetable oils