The 11th General Assembly of the Mediterranean Network of Basin Organisations (MENBO) will take place 22-24 March 2017 in Malta, at the invitation of the Maltese authorities, and coinciding with the Maltese Presidency of the Council of the European Union. The Assembly will be organised around three thematic blocks on: Water and adaptation to climate change, Water and agriculture in the Mediterranean and Non-conventional water resources: reuse and desalination.
The WaterWorks 2015 Call, which is a joint ERA-NET Cofund between FACCE-JPI and Water JPI, has shortlisted and recommended for funding 21 top research projects for a total Grant amount of over 17 million euros, with the projects' total costs being over 21 million euros. The 21 projects are covering a wide range of disciplines from social and economic sciences to nature sciences, and addressing a range of societal challenges related to Water and Agriculture.
On February 14th, 2017, three proposals for H2020 funding were submitted to the European Commission, with strong involvement from FACCE-JPI. Among the proposals are a new FACCE-JPI joint action ERA-NET Cofund SusCrop; the Coordination of International Research Cooperation on soil Carbon Sequestration in Agriculture CIRCASA; and the FIT4FOOD2030 Coordination and Support Action proposal. All proposals address key thematic priorities in the FACCE-JPI Strategic Research Agenda.
The website of the annual conference of the Arab-Euro Organization for Environment, Water and Desert Researches has been created. The conference will be held in Aqba, Jordan, next April 3-6, 2017.
Read more: http://www.ewdr.org/ .
The UN Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA) Beirut, Lebanon, in cooperation with the National Oil and Gas Authority in Bahrain under the patronage of the Minister of Oil, will organize a regional capacity-building workshop on "Water-Energy Nexus: Resource Efficiency". The event will be under the auspices of the Minister of Oil in Bahrain, on 19-20 February 2017. The workshop will be followed by a regional workshop on Carbon Capture, Use and Storage (CCUS) on 21 February.
At a technical briefing on the water-food nexus held at UN Headquarters in New York, US, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN (FAO) presented the FAO-NENA (Near East and North Africa) Water Scarcity Initiative. The Initiative provides a comprehensive framework to ensure the sustainable use and preservation of scarce water resources in the region.
The FAO Regional Water Scarcity Initiative was formulated in response to a request of the FAO NENA Regional Conference, which identified the issue as a central priority for Member States.
The first 5TOI_4EWAS Innovation Week will take place in Casablanca from 23 to 26 January 2017 at the Hotel Idou Anfa, Casablanca - Morocco. The Euro-Mediterranean innovators, researchers, policy makers, international companies and investors are very welcome. This week is organised in several tracks to offer a wide range of opportunities as well as to bring together ideas, knowledge and people from the energy, water and food sectors. The idea is to refine and to address the future trends on R&I policies.
The Global Forum for Food and Agriculture (GFFA) is an international conference that focuses on central questions concerning the future of the global agri-food industry. It gives representatives from the worlds of politics, business, science and civil society an opportunity to share ideas and enhance understanding on a selected topic of current agricultural policy.
The GFFA 2017 will be held on the subject "Agriculture and Water - Key to Feeding the World" in Berlin from 19 to 21 January 2017.
The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) and the Abu Dhabi Fund for Development (ADFD) have officially opened a new round of USD 50 million in loans for renewable energy projects in developing countries. This is the fifth round of loans offered through the IRENA/ADFD Project Facility, which will allocate a total of $350 million of concessional loans over seven annual cycles to government-driven renewable energy projects in developing countries.
The MEP Water Group is organising a public session dedicated to "The role of water in adaptation to climate change" on 6th of December 2016 from 17h30 to 19h30 at the European Parliament, József Antall Building, Room 2Q2. The session will feature as keynote speaker, Mr. Jos Delbeke, Director-General of the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Climate Action.
Read more: http://wsstp.eu/ .
Union for the Mediterranean - UfM
- UfM Ministerial Conference on Strengthening the Role of Women in Society
- Barcelona Women Entrepreneurship and Investment Forum – Medaweek 2017
- Medaweek 2017 Barcelona: “Strength in Diversity, Our Economic Power”
- Third annual YOCOPAS (Youth Organised Collaboration on Peace and Sustainability) Conference – Meet. Connect. Act.
- UfM Energy and Climate Business Forum: Releasing renewable energy opportunities in the Euro-Mediterranean Region
EIB latest publications
CIHEAM press reviews
European Institute of the Mediterranean - IEMED - Spain
Consulat Général de France à Jérusalem
- Colonisation à Jérusalem-Est – menace d'expulsion visant la famille Shamsaneh à Cheikh Jarrah - déclaration des chefs de mission de l'UE
- Colonisation à Jérusalem-Est – expulsions à Cheikh Jarrah – visite à la famille Shamasneh (9 août 2017)
- Cérémonie au domaine national d'Abou Gosh (6 août 2018)
- Offre d'emploi - chargé(e) de projets Banque/Secteur privé
- Colonisation à Jérusalem-Est - expulsions à Cheikh Jarrah – visite de terrain de diplomates (2 août 2017)
The European Water Platform news
EIB latest news
- Meeting No. 509 of the Board of Directors
- Annual Economics Conference “Investment and Investment Finance"
- Meeting No. 508 of the Board of Directors
- Meeting No. 507 of the Board of Directors
- The role of social financial intermediaries in deploying financial instruments under the European Social Fund in the 2014-2020 programming period
Canal Investigación MINECO - Spain
- Preanuncio de la 1ª Convocatoria conjunta de Biodiversa y Belmont Forum de Proyectos Transnacionales con participación del MINECO en el marco de la ERA-NET BiodivScen: Scenarios of biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Información sobre la convocatoria 2017 de Acciones de Programación Conjunta Internacional (APCIN 2017)
- Información sobre la convocatoria 2017 de ayudas para incentivar la incorporación estable de doctores (IED 2017)
- España se adhiere a la principal infraestructura científica europea de observación oceánica
- El Observatorio Internacional del Telescopio de 30 metros y el IAC firman un acuerdo para su instalación en La Palma
Enseignement Superieur et Recherche - Europe et international - France
- Rencontre de Frédérique Vidal avec son homologue portugais, Manuel Heitor
- Frédérique Vidal rencontre son homologue singapourien, Ong Ye Kung
- "Make Our Planet Great Again" : un site pour faciliter la mobilisation en faveur du climat
- ESOF 2018 - Festival Science in the City
- Appel à projets pour le soutien linguistique et culturel aux étudiant.e.s réfugié.e.s
UN Food and Agriculture Organization - FAO Newsroom
- Japan is a global model for healthy diets, FAO Director-General says
- FAO and World Bank step up partnership to end hunger and poverty
- Addressing migration requires investments in sustainable rural development
- The Garden Toothbrush
- FAO Food Price Index dips again in April, led by sugar and vegetable oils