The “Guidebook of measures to improve urban air quality” is a free and useful tool for policy, research, education, industry and environmental agencies to improve air quality in cities in the short and long term.
This Guidebook presents the results of the AIRUSE LIFE Project (LIFE11 ENV/ES/584) offering a state-of-the-art compilation of measures to improve air quality in cities.
The primary goal is to assess Southern European environments, although many of the suggested measures can be applied to other regions. The Guidebook, available in five languages (English, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Greek) at www.cleanaircities.net consists of 7 chapters:
- Case studies of atmospheric particulate matter (PM) trend analysis and source apportionment
- Measures to reduce emissions from construction/demolition works
- Measures to reduce emissions from the industrial sector
- Measures to reduce emissions from road dust resuspension
- Measures to reduce emissions from biomass burning
- The experience of Northern and Central Europe in improving urban air quality
- A proposed Eco-labelling scheme for European vehicles
Free e-book download or free printed copy request at www.cleanaircities.net